Arts & Letters Home
Welcome to the School of Arts and Letters Intranet Site
This is where you will find forms, documents, and links pertaining to our current students, faculty and staff for the following departments:
Comprised of the Art, Classical and Modern Languages, English and Linguistics, Music, and Theatre Departments, the School of Arts and Letters at Truman provides a significant portion of Truman’s signature Liberal Studies Program while also providing powerful and life-changing academic experiences for students majoring in our disciplines.
School of Arts and Letters Mission
Through the work of its students, faculty, and staff, the School of Arts and Letters exemplifies Truman State University’s liberal arts and sciences mission by:
- cultivating creative, critical, and interdisciplinary inquiry;
- providing rich academic and artistic experiences in a supportive environment;
- serving as a cultural resource for the community, region, and beyond;
- and inspiring students to lead meaningful, productive, and interconnected lives.
School of Arts and Letters Strategic Goals, 2015-2018
During the 2014-15 academic year, a group of faculty in the School of Arts and Letters engaged in a discussion of important questions about our future, candid discussion of our weaknesses as well as our strengths, and discussion about opportunities that may be within our reach. With the task of identifying attainable outcomes that will support our academic programs and simultaneously advance our shared Mission, our process ended with four broadly-stated goals to pursue over the next 3-5 years:
- Pursue collaborative partnerships in the broader community.
- Enhance interaction between our alumni, our faculty, and our students.
- Increase visibility of and attendance at our public events.
- Promote programmatic skills in our programs that have application in the world of work.